It is important to know whether a card is a fake or a reprint. Below is some helpful information.
To know the differences between authentic cards and the 1961 Fleer reprints, let us compare the original #43 Jerry West card from the reprint Jerry West card.
Original #43 Jerry West Card - Front (Left) and Reprinted #43 Jerry West Card - Front (Right)
Original #43 Jerry West Card - Back (Left) and Reprinted #43 Jerry West Card - Back (Right)
1. Generally, a reprint will have a bright white border, while an original will not.
2. The back of a reprint will similarly have a clean whitish background.
3. The blue stripe on the back lacks a green hue on a reprint.
4. With a reprint, the image on the front will be less clear and may resemble a photocopy.
5. If blue stripe on the back extends all the way to the right, this is a sign that the card may be a reprint.
6. If you observe a perfectly centered 1961 Fleer card (without any diamond cut), this should alert you to examine it closer. Perfectly centered 1961 Fleer cards are the exception not he rule.